Monday, February 2, 2015

Giving Birth::My Hospital Bag

  My hospital bag was not as complete as you think, because I only brought 1 set of changing clothes  (no clothes to shield me from the cold), and 2 sets of changing clothes for baby, baby blanket, diaper, baby's bath soap, oil , and money. That's the only thing I thought was necessary, because of this my husband have to buy or go home to get the other things I didn't bring.if I would remake this scene in my life, this is the list of things I would bring with me and the reason why.

1. for me (the mother)

  • 2 Pajamas
  • 2 Jacket
  • 2 socks
  • 1 bonnet

       This first four things in my list are needed to shield me from the cold weather even though I feel that my environment is warm and almost hot, because after giving birth all the pores of our body is open, and if the cold wind gets inside those open pores, it will affect our bodies in the long run. like having arthritis, and such, or getting cold easily, and the most visible effect would be having a rough like sand texture of the skin.
  • my own blanket
  • my own pillow


      I would be honest , public hospital's pillow and blankets here in the Philippines are not so comfortable, so its better to bring your own.
  • bath soap
  • shampoo
  • comb
  • towel
  • feminine wash
  • toothbrush and toothpaste




       Hygiene reasons
  • adult diaper




      blood is still going out of me after giving birth
2. for my baby
  • clothes
  • booties, mittens, and bonnet
  • blanket
  • travelling sized bath soap (optional)
  • towel(optional)

      The last 2 which I marked as optional depends on the hospital, because when I give birth in this certain hospital (Baguio General Hospital), they didn't give my baby a bath so it would depend.
  • diaper

      I suggest you bring a 2 pcs. / 4 pcs. pack in the hospital, because some hospitals (not all) is said to get stuffs from their patients and such things so its better to be sure than sorry.
3. extra things

  • feeding bottles (optional)



      I will include this one because you won't know if you would be giving birth through c-section, and if you deliver your baby this way you wont be able to breast feed her.
  • breast pump
     


      Weather you delivered normally or via c-section you will need this to increase your milk supply especially if you plan on breastfeeding your baby
  • cellphone and camera (optional)

      of course you want to record and capture one of the best events in your life
  • baby's car seat (optional)

      you need this if you have a car
  • plastic bags

      you need to at least have 3 - 4, one is for your trash and baby's trash, second one is for your used clothes and the last one would be for wet clothes
  • thermos (container to keep hot liquid from getting cold)

      after giving birth you can't drink cold water, if I'm not mistaken the reason is the same when you get cold air through your open pores after giving birth.
  • food and water

      after exhausting hours of giving birth, this is one of the most important things I need regain my strength even for just a little.

 This list of things might seem a lot (for some people) or incomplete for some, or some might even think that some of the things listed here are unnecessary to bring when you are about to give birth, well it's up to you, this things listed here are the things I think I would need the second time I give birth, I don't want to make my husband so tired going back and forth from the hospital to our house, or hospital to the convenience store just to  buy this things/ stuffs.

^^

1 comment: